If you are looking for a delicious quick meal, I strongly recommend you try “No Peak Chicken”. This amazing recipe was found on Pinterest. Of course I had to try it. AMAZING!! After a stressful day, who wants to stand over the hot stove? (Not me) This recipe only calls for a few ingredients and it will leave your house smelling amazing. Here is what you need;
1. Chicken breast (I used chicken thighs)about six pieces
2. Cream of mushroom (1 can)
3. Cream of celery (I used 2 cans)
4. Water (2 cans but I used chicken broth for flavor)
5. Uncle Bens Long Grain Wild Rice
6. A packet of Lipton onion soup
7. Half of green pepper cut into cubes
~Set your oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients into a greased baking dish. You can add seasoning to your chicken for extra flavor. But not too much. After combining the ingredients cover dish with foil and place it in your oven. Now here’s the thing, NO PEAKING!!!!! After about 2 1/2 hours your meal will be ready for your belly. What ever you do, do not open the foil.
~The last 5 minutes of baking, remove foil and set oven to broil for a few seconds to brown the top of your chicken.
*To be sure it’s not too salty, I recommend using half of the Lipton packet and half of the seasoning packet that’s included in the rice.